Meeting Minutes January 8, 2018
Called to order at 1830.
Members present: Stacy, TJ, Pete, John, Natalie, Brad, Jeri, Jonelle, Diana, Kelly, Kim, Connie and David and Board Members Bruce, Jim and Barb.
Minutes of Previous Meeting: approved
Intro of Guests: none
Correspondence: We have quite a bit of correspondence and donations since last time. Thank You’s were received from Linda Clark, a patients’ family to Pete for going above and beyond for their daughter, and Diana to the Board for the Leatherman’s we all got for xmas gifts. Christmas cards from BBG Contractors, Janet, and Ms. Lane Didsbury. We also received donations from: Ms. Lane Didsbury, Mr. Saltness, Mr. and Mrs. Sloan, Koenig, Buttleman, Manhattan Bank, Kirby, Headwaters Car Clinic, Ms. Ainsley in Memory of Ana Richardson, Mr. and Mrs. Parker, Mr. and Ms. Clark, and the Wilcox Family.
VFW Update: No update, they have meeting scheduled for later this week. Kelly will keep us posted.
Last Months Training: KG Appreciation Dinner was phenomenal. Stacy sent a Thank You note and ran a Thank You article in the paper.
Run Sheets change: New, larger run sheets have been placed in rigs. Discussed whether to get larger clipboards for jump bags or to fold them in half on smaller clip boards.
Command Structure Change: Board did vote to change Command Structure to a Chief and Assistant Chief. Discussed other roles (Safety, Maintenance, Training, Supplies, etc.). Once Chief and Asst. Chief are assigned these roles will be assigned. Defib checks, Rig Inventories and Station Cleaning will now rotate alphabetically thru members.
Amb 3 Issues: Radio is now scanning as it should. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the radio transmits at 60 watts, not 100 watts like our other rigs if you encounter a dead spot. Headlight knob position had been a little tricky and needs to be figured out, idea to block sensor with tape so we will have headlights and taillights all the time.
Pete and Stacy will play around with knob after meeting and see if they can’t get it figured out. Some members are not happy with Lifepak placement, TJ has different brackets ordered to change position to other side.
January 12, 13,14, 20 EMT Refresher
EMT Class to begin in February (13th?) thinking Tues/Thurs and Sat. TBD
Maintenance (Pete): O2 tanks have been left on in rigs, the house O2 and portable on cots. Please remember to shut off bottles after use. Batteries on Lifepak 15 were both left in the red, please check levels after use. Rigs need to be cleaned AT Hospital. Please remember to refill forms in clipboard, this is getting overlooked. Wash cards are now in rigs if you want to run thru TF carwash. Amb1 should be done at Body Shop and over to SCS Wraps this week.
Supplies (David): Please put your name/initials after items on board so he knows who ordered it if he has questions. Tourniquets have arrived as well as strap for traction splint.
Safety (John): Suggestion to Board if changes are coming to Protocols to recognize there might be certain times where you need to use your cell phone in rig while responding or on call to make sure that is mentioned instead of saying it is never tolerated. This was made after recent event where location of call was unfamiliar and needed to be found. Also, to keep in mind with driving and operating new rig chance of having to take eyes off road to use switches, etc. is likely and to exercise caution.
Issues/Comments (Stacy, TJ, Pete):
Stacy: Had discussion with Reach and changes to auto pages, standbys etc. may be coming down the pipeline. There have been some delays with getting reports with call times from Dispatch. Some paging priority issues (C, D, E), not being automatically sent to AMR, please make sure there is unit coming if you need them don’t assume they are coming. AMR has implemented new equipment (computer) to be able to touch screen when enroute, etc. that goes directly to Dispatch so their radio traffic is cut down. This may be helpful for them, but makes it hard when we aren’t able to hear their traffic because there isn’t any to listen to. Gallatin County has hired several new Dispatchers, please be patient while they are learning the ropes. Some long-winded updates have made it difficult within our Service to coordinate team on West because of the increased time spent on radio with Dispatch on North. When getting out on radio, please key up mic and wait 2-3 seconds before you start talking or the beginning of your transmission may be cut off.
TJ: The backboard for the LUCAS was put in the case while it was charging and could have broken the charging piece off inside the unit. That would’ve been a $2500 repair. PLEASE be careful.
Pete: Lunches for refresher will be Lasagna on Sat and Chili on Sun.
Inventory/ Defib Checks:
Inventory: Jonelle AMB1, Stacy AMB2, David AMB3
Defib Checks: Jan 7-13 Kelly, Jan 14-20 TJ, Jan 21-27 Jeri and Jan 28-Feb 3 Connie. The 1st week of the month defib check needs to be full test using the module and you need to print strip.
Station Cleaning for January: Brad
Scheduling: discussed appointing members to calendar, instead of depending on voluntary sign ups. Will discuss further next meeting.
Year End Call Numbers: 318 total calls for 2017, including 135 transports and 183 refusals/cancels/standbys.
Incentive Points: Discussed whether to roll points year after year or make everyone cash out at the end of each year. Comment was made that current point value of 25cents per point was not enough compensation and needs to be increased. Board will discuss and make decision.
Run Reviews were skipped. Reminder to please type 3-4 sentence summary before using auto report generate especially on refusals.
Next Meeting Feb 5, 2018
Meeting Adjouorned 2032.
Assignments left off at Brad.